CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Confessions of a Capitalist Rebel

For those who know me well, you probably know I got deep reservations for Arabic lessons here in IIUM. But I got to be honest, I don't actually hate it, hate it. Hell no ! It's the word of God, I absolutely have to love it.

Still being the hardest language to learn sides mandarin, learning it is still a biatch. Still, having learnt some lessons, it ain't so bad. I see myself learning it even more in the future if left on my own. I love learning languages, my spanish is pretty good and I will complete my lessons and get that golden cert one day ! Then I'll learn Russian ;) If Malaysia didn't have such a mechanical outlook on what works and does not work, I probably would have taken some language courses in Uni. In these times, especially in mechanical Malaysia learning extra languages is a great career move especially for someone who wishes to disappear into the world one day, who knows...

Oooo but I can still get worked up on how Arabic is implemented here in the Human Sciences Department >:( That is the main problem, the main point. Why must we go all the way to level 6 while next gen syariah lawyers settle with level 4 of understanding. I shat u not folks, apparently our next guardians of our holy kanun2 will have far less understanding of the arabic language than a HS student that might end up in the glitzy fashion streets of Paris. Por que ? Well from what I gathered it's down to 3 main reasons. But I will get down to those 3 in my next post. Just want to assure the world ( atm probably just myself and a few who actually read this) that I am still committed. Oh, but being a capitalist rebel, means I know when a battle is lost and the benefits of group action ;)

0 comments: